Monday, November 4, 2013

My Dream Studio Come True

A few months ago my husband and I took a trip to the nearest IKEA store which is near Pittsburgh,about 1-1/2 hours away.  I was looking for a cabinet to hold threads and other necessaries.

As we strolled through the furniture floor, I spotted a desk & drawer set up that looked PERFECT for me:  two cabinets each with FIVE sliding drawers served as the base for a sturdy desktop.  And the pricing was very affordable.  

I bought two sets, a couple of bookcases and a cubby unit, a cabinet and some lighting and now, voilĂ :


Book case and cubby

Each Sterlite box contains a complete project to be stitched:  pattern, fabric and floss.



Computer area and stitching area

My current project and necessaries

There is still a lot to do to make my studio more comfy (and less messy).  My problem is that when I come into the room, all I really want to do is stitch!

'Til next time, I wish you good stitching.



1 comment:

  1. I love your craft room and the great storage cubbyholes. I wish I had a room to myself to do that! I just have a corner of the living room right now.

    ReplyDelete