Sunday, March 9, 2014

Spring Ahead Means I Lose an Hour of Stitching Today


Elizabeth Sheffield 1784 - The Scarlet Letter


I've never been a fan of Daylight Savings Time.  Losing an hour of sleep in the spring can't be good for my sleep rhythm.  And this morning I realized that I'd lose an hour of stitching today!

The photo above shows my progress on Elizabeth Sheffield, a sampler from The Scarlet Letter.  I also participate to a worldwide blog of women who are stitching SL samplers, and I posted my progress there this morning.  

I just love working on Elizabeth.  Her brilliant colors and charming figures make me HAPPY to look at her.  Her original must have been stitched by a girl who really enjoyed making it.

My progress is slow, however.  There are vast amounts of over-one stitching, and that takes me a long time to do.  But I think she is coming along beautifully, don't you?

2 comments:

  1. Your SL sampler is coming along great. Nice work.

    We are total opposites about DST....I'll do whatever needs to be done to get the daylight to last longer in the evening! Now, if we can just stop having major snowstorms every five days we'll have it made.

    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete